By Nadia Land-Greene,
GCDP Volunteer Coordinator
This Fall’s successes at the ballot box were wonderful! Candidates all over America were elected thanks to the hard work of grassroots volunteers and strong boots on the ground effort. Our challenge now is to keep the momentum going for the 2018 elections and beyond. One person can’t do it all, but if we all do something, it adds up to a movement.
The Greenville County Democratic Party needs your help in a number of areas.
- Campaign canvassing, phonebanking for Democratic candidates in 2018 midterms: You can work from your own home for some campaigns. Sign up now and we will contact you when these needs gear-up.
- Political Action: Help out registering voters and getting them to the polls.
- Communications: Graphic designers to help with designs for fliers, posters, and other needs.
- Join a “Huddle”: Groups of volunteers who work on differing projects/events to benefit the community.
- Writers: Cover events/issues/people for posting online, in newsletters and on social media.
- Liaison: Belong to another progressive group? Be a liaison and let us know what you’re doing so we can spread the word.
- Office Staff: We need people to commit to a regular shift (3 hours) or be a trained substitute. 8.Precinct Leadership: Lead or assist Precinct Leaders in organizing precincts.
- Rapid Response Team: Research and keep abreast of bills in State and National legislatures, and alert members when calls need to be made to support progressive policy.
- Recruitment for Boards and Commissions or Local Offices.