Anyone wishing to run for a South Carolina delegate position to the DNC national convention in July must meet the following criteria:
- Voted in the February 29 presidential preference primary (will be confirmed through the SC Election Commission).
- Attended their precinct reorganization meeting in person and signed the sign-in form that has been returned to the GCDP.
- Was elected a delegate or alternate to the GCDP County Convention.
- Files to run to be a delegate or alternate to the 2020 SCDP State Convention so that his/her name appears on the mail-in ballot (to be mailed April 13).
- Completes, signs, and returns the ballot by the April 25 deadline (to designate your attendance at the GCDP County Convention).
- Is elected a delegate or alternate to the SCDP State Convention.
- Completes and submits the national delegate application to the SCDP by 5pm on April 30 (for more information scdp.org/2020-national-convention).
- Attends the SCDP State Convention in Columbia where delegation elections will take place.